Pitbull Sues Lindsay Lohan For Suing Pitbull For Saying True Things

Here's a little story about Pitbull: he's actually been around for ages. Mr. 305 was born and raised within minutes of my own home and I've been assaulted with his irritating songs since I was young enough to think they were good (read: drunk in college).  However, I've always had a soft spot for the guy, even when he decided that he was Mr. 305 (Miami's area code) and Mr. Worldwide, which geographically makes no sense.

I'm not really all that familiar with Pitbull's song "Give Me Everything," but I assure you, he says "dale" at one point. He also takes a stab at Lindsay Lohan: "Hustlers move aside, so I’m tiptoein' to keep flowin' / I got it locked up like Lindsay Lohan.” Well, Ms. Lilo didn't really appreciate these lyrics and filed a lawsuit against him. In her statement, Lohan said, "...the lyrics, by virtue of its wide appeal, condemnation, excoriation, disparaging or defamatory statements by the defendants about the plaintiff are destined to do irreparable harm to the plaintiff." First of all, she obviously doesn't know what half of those words mean. I bet everything I own that Lindsay Lohan cannot define "excoriation." But that's beside the point - the point is that she actually did go to jail. She was, in fact, locked up!

At first, Mr. Geographically Improbable was nice about it. He apologized. He even offered to take her to the MTV Video Music Awards, where he performed the song (although she didn't accept). But now that Lindsay's been locked up a second time, Pitbull's over it. He's filed a countersuit against Lilo claiming that, ya know, it's not defamatory to state facts. Also, Lohan filed the suit in New York because of the state's civil rights law, which protects people from having their name exploited for commercial gain - but Pitbull points out that she doesn't live in New York. So, let's review: Pitbull a) reads the newspaper and, b) knows what state Los Angeles is in. This is not okay with Lindsay Lohan.

Just for curiosity's sake, let's Wikipedia this bitch:

Defamation is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government, or nation a negative image. This can be also any disparaging statement made by one person about another, which is communicated or published. It is usually a requirement that this claim be false and that the publication is communicated to someone other than the person defamed. [emphasis mine]

Hmm...


My guess is, she'll drop the suit. Wouldn't want to lose all that Playboy cash so soon, would we?

Blog Archive