Kimba get her sun on




















Kimberley Walsh Behind The Scenes of Fabulous Shoot







’ve cried, felt fat and thrown clothes around. But I’m now happy with my body’



When we first see Kimberley Walsh, she looks like a ’50s swimwear goddess.We’re in awe of her glamorous hourglass figure. Not that she’s aware of it.



She smiles falteringly as she places a shawl around her hips, trying to hide them from the camera. “I’ve got extreme proportions,” she explains – her way of saying she has a tiny waist and a J-Lo-style bum.



During her year off from Girls Aloud, which has seen each member pursuing solo projects, Kimberley, 28, has been trying her hand at TV presenting. We’re here today to talk about her new documentary on jeans, part the history of denim and its cowboy origins, part our love/hate relationship with them.



“How traumatic is jeans shopping?” Kimberley asks. “It’s as if it’s designed to make us feel bad about ourselves.



“You know what size you are, but it doesn’t work with jeans. If I buy skinny jeans, I have to go a size bigger, but with high-waisted ones, I might be two sizes smaller. Does anyone else find it a painful experience or am I out there on my own?” We tell her we’ve shed tears jeans shopping.



“I’ve cried too, in vile changing rooms with horrible lighting,” she confides.



And that’s the thing about Kimberley. Within minutes of meeting her, you feel you can tell her anything. She’s the Girls Aloud member who has always seemed one of us. Down to earth, a girls’ girl, a womanly woman, a typical Yorkshire lass. She shares our frustrations and our fears. And while we’ve watched her band mates get skinny, Kimberley has maintained her curves. So is she happy with her body?

Blog Archive