Christina Glams it up



GLAMOUR: You're obviously back into fighting shape, so let's discuss this workout of yours: boxing, running backward on a treadmill while going uphill, crunches, weights, pull-ups--it sounds brutal.

CHRISTINA AGUILERA: [Laughs.] I hate working out--I have to mentally push myself through it. I can get very whiny, saying things like, "I can't do it!"

GLAMOUR: Does your trainer crack the whip when you get like that?

CA: No--I can't deal with having someone barking at me. Mean training is not motivating to me at all; I like to be comforted [through my workout]. All my trainer has to do is say nicely, "I want you to do 200 bicycles; go right through it and don't stop." Then I'll know she's serious and I'll do it. I started out not being able to do man push-ups; pull-ups were a big one too. Now I can do five in a row.

GLAMOUR: You look great, Christina. How quickly did you notice a change in your body?

CA: Being the perfectionist that I am, my attitude was, this had better hurry up--I want results! My trainer kept saying, "Give it time, you're looking great." Everyone around me was saying they could see a difference, but, you know, you're hardest on yourself. I did see my stomach get flatter and tighter and more muscle definition.

GLAMOUR: What did you like the least about your postbaby body and what did you like the most?

CA: Well, I was OK with the booty and the boobs! [Laughs.] My stomach was really where I carried my weight. Toward the end of my pregnancy, I felt really big--I gained about 40 pounds, which is a lot for my size. My hips also changed significantly. And my feet grew from a size 5 to a size 7 in flats--thank God they [went back to normal]. I would have been so depressed if I had to get rid of my shoe collection!

GLAMOUR: Let's talk about your new album: Can we expect to see you reinvent yourself as you did for Back to Basics?

CA: I just started recording it, but I can tell you that this record is all about fun. I'll be referencing Pop Art, Andy Warhol's art. So it will [sound] fun and fast-paced, and visually, it will be full of color, which is how it's going to tie in with my new fragrance, Inspire [in stores next month]

Blog Archive