Give me a break -- so now they're telling us we cause our kids' asthma!!

Okay, I wasn't even planning on writing a post today, but I'm just incensed by this article that just this minute hit the internet..... It's what I'd peg as another "meanstream" media story.

So, here it is: according to Canadian researchers who apparently studied 14,000 kids born in 1995, of whom 7% were diagnosed with asthma by the time they reached the age of 7. The researchers focused only on maternal stress/depression as a factor causing the incidence of asthma. According to them, the result of the study shows that kids who have moms that are depressed are 25% more likely to develop asthma.

Now, down towards the end of this article, it does say: "The researchers aren't blaming stressed moms for children's asthma." Yeah, sure they aren't....

Is something wrong here?!?! What about factors that actually have a direct correlation to asthma, ... say, I don't know, like AIR QUALITY?

I swear, as if we moms who've survived postpartum depression don't already have enough to feel guilty over.... now we have to worry about our kids blaming us for their asthma.....

Blog Archive